– ½ medium onion.
– 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded.
– ½ sweet red pepper, seeded.
– 5 tablespoons of olive oil.
– 6 medium eggs, separated.
– 2 tablespoons of milk.
– 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
– Salt and black pepper, to taste.
– 4 flour tortillas.
– 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded.
– Picante sauce, to taste.
Chop the onions and peppers and sauté in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until limp.
Beat the egg yolks with the milk, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the cooked onions and peppers.
Beat egg whites separately until stiff; then fold into the egg yolk mixture.
Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in large, oven-safe skillet.
Spread the egg mixture in skillet and cook until eggs are set on bottom.
Place pan under broiler until top is brown.
Heat the tortillas.
Divide the egg mixture into four parts and place a piece of egg in the center of each tortilla.
Top with shredded cheese and picante sauce.
Fold tortilla over the egg.